Wednesday 22 December 2010

My Top 10 Albums Of 2010

It was particularly difficult to chose a Top 10 this year, not because of the great abundance of awesome albums rather than the lack of. Of course there were some amazing albums out, by new bands and old, but most were average or forgettable.

The criteria I used to select my Top 10 was their initial first impact on me and the length of time these albums were in my stereo. I also gave points for uniqueness and providing the metal world with something new.

So, here goes. Feel free to comment and give your Top 10. But remember, this is MY list! Anything (in your opinion) which has been left out has been done so for good reason! In no particular order:

1) Killing Joke - 'Absolute Dissent'
2) Electric Wizard- 'Black Masses'
3) Kylesa - 'Spiral Shadow'
4) Enslaved - 'Axioma Ethica Oudini'
5) Ihsahn - 'After'
6) Cathedral - 'The Guessing Game'
7) Watain - 'Lawless Darkness'
8) Burzum - 'Belus'
9) Ghost - 'Opus Eponymous'
10) Devin Townsend - 'Addicted'

So there ya have it! My Top 10 albums of 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment